Sunday, April 21, 2013

It takes two (coats of paint)

On Friday we started to apply paint to the dining room and on Saturday, tackled the living room. Great progress, but we ran into some issues.

We went back to the store to buy another gallon of the metallic paint (because it was still streaking after two coats), and found out that we actually should have put a coat of an opaque base paint first, then applied the metallic coating. Thankfully we were able to get the new gallons of paint for free since we didn't realize/weren't told about the mishap beforehand. That being said, the bronze in the dining room will return, but now its been covered by the base coat.

We had also painted the living room using Valspar's Lyndhurst Gallery Beige which mysteriously turned pink. When it dried it looked like a dusty rose, mauve-y color. It was terrible. Another paint run and the problem was fixed!

Dusty rose color on the right, new color (Swoosh, Valspar) on the left.

So a couple of missteps, but it's still coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment