BG

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Stripes!

After I finished the baseboards in the laundry room, I decided to add more to my list of things to do in that room! I've wanted to try to paint stripes but didn't want to commit to doing it in one of the more populated rooms. Since I'm the one who mainly uses this room, if I messed it up, I'd be the only one to really care!


I started by googling and looking at Pinterest for inspiration and how-tos. There are a ton out there, so I won't go step by step in how I achieved the look. The most important thing is to make sure your tape lines are level and that you paint a layer of your base color over the tape before your accent color.

I used paint I already had on hand - Valspar's Swoosh (lighter) and Dust Storm (darker)

I only did two stripes for a couple of reasons but the main one was because it was a pain to make sure my lines were straight. Note to self - buy a bigger level.

I think it turned out pretty good! I added an accent mirror I picked up for $12 at Homegoods and spray painted a bright green, and added a small rug for more color.


I ended up painting the shelf the same color as the baseboards and stained the clothes rod to better match the floors.


Overall, a success! On to the next project!

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment