BG

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Trees, trees, and more trees

There once was a house,
Covered with trees,
The owners would cringe,
At even the slightest breeze.

Concerned and hoping,
That limbs wouldn't crash down,
On their own house,
And others all around.

*Hold for applause or snaps*


Okay, so poetry isn't my strong point. But, the story is true. Our house has 16 mature trees on our tiny lot. They provide a great amount of shade, but I couldn't tell you the last time they were pruned... and it was becoming a growing concern of mine. We dodged a bullet with the last ice storm, and I just didn't want to have to be concerned about our trees crashing down during the next thunderstorm.

Jon and I know we could handle a little pruning, but this was a serious job, best left to the professionals. Enter Parker Tree Service. I saw their ad in a local magazine and thought I'd get a quote. It was MUCH more affordable than I thought it was going to be, so they got to work!

I didn't take the best before and after pictures (typical), but I think you can still tell a big difference.


I think its harder to see the difference from the front (in pictures), but the side yard is definitely different.



The largest offenders were our Bradford Pears. Look at the height difference from the street!

Here are a couple more photos of the after...

Backyard - those pears used to hang over and block almost all the light into the backyard.

More Bradford Pears! These were touching the neighbor's house (left).

Not a super exciting DIY project, but definitely a necessity for our home!

-TKA

1 comment: